The Diploma 3 (D3) English Language Study Program at Universitas Airlangga was established in 2001 based on the Decree of the Directorate General of Higher Education Number 3105/D/T/2001. This program aims to fulfill Indonesian society’s need for a qualified workforce in the field of applied English. As a vocational education institution, the study program focuses on educating students in English Language Teaching and Business Communication. Graduates of this program are expected to meet the demands of both the industrial sector and English language teaching services in society. Additionally, this study program has received excellent accreditation from BAN-PT (the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education).
The vision of the Diploma of English Language Study Program is to become an innovative and leading program at both national and international levels. It aims to be a pioneer in the development of applied expertise in the subject of English, based on religious morality.
1. Organizing vocational education in applied English related to business communication.
2. Developing a vocational study program that is professional and oriented to the satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders.
3. Creating a conducive academic atmosphere and providing opportunities for students to apply English language skills in the workspace by upholding academic and professional ethics. AIMS
1. Apply the basic concepts of knowledge and abilities in English to guarantee that graduates are able to identify, understand, and solve problems in the field of English;
2. Take advantage of English skills and knowledge for productive activities and community service.
3. Be flexible and responsive to the development of science and technology, as well as the community's socio-cultural environment, particularly those involved with English language skills.